My Worst Fear
Today took half a days leave for my follow aapt with the specialist at SNEC to further advise me on my eye condition n more details on the surgery that will assist me.
The good news is .. yes my eyes can b cured with surgery.. but after the consultation yst.. I was a bit demoralized..
Tests were done on my eyes to establish the width n more details on my condition..
Conclusion:"The width between my eyes on one focal point is quite great.. normally the patients she c was abt 60max.. but mine is 87.. which is quite bad.. but since this is the first measurement taken.. they would like to observe me further in hope that with glasses on the width can be narrow down.."I asked if there was any eye exercise that I can do to improve my condition with the help of my glasses.. at first the doc say yes.. but then she also commented that for my case as the diff is too great the exercise will not make a difference
*depressed*
She also said that due to the fact that my eyesight iis quite good n that my right eye is perfect that makes it even tougher to operate on as realigning the eyeball might cause double vision n if the brain cant get use to focusing both eyes on one pt after op.. my eyes will go back to sq 1
*demoralized*
The doc continued to elaborate on the risk of the op which include the possibility of infection as in all ops.. Bursting of blood vessel which may lead to blindness.. possible double vision for my case.. snapping of eye muscle which may cause eye ball to snap in a reverse direction causing blindness although most conditions are rare n the last one has nv occurred before but technically possible to happen
*scared*
I really dunno whether I shd go ahead at all cos I will need to operate on both eyes.. n the risks are so
…*shivers*
Think now all I can do is wait for my second measurement to b taken n hopefully within these 2 mths.. my glasses will do my eyes gd…
*Praying that all well ends well…*
After my consultation went back home to rest.. slept till 0630 then deardear wake me up to have dinner at Ikea.. Had chicken chop rice n the all-time favorite chicken wing
*finger licking gd* n the main objective of going Ikea.. Coffee for my deardear..
Have been craving for gd coffee for quite a while.. Thinking of a lounging session.. Anybody wanna join us??